Knitting for the Needy!
Just in time for the holiday, join a group of knitters who are making fall and winter themed hats for premature and sick babies. All hats will be donated to the NICU unit at Strong Memorial Hospital. Please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Materials used to knit baby hats should be from smoke free homes.
- Materials from pet-free homes are also best.
- No wool yarns! Stick to super soft yarns made from acrylic, cotton and bamboo. Alpaca, which is hypoallergenic, is sometimes allowed.
- Yarn MUST be machine washable
- Avoid novelty yarns including eyelash yarn and yarns with sequins or glitter or anything that might be scratchy or shed
- Avoid vintage yarn which can become brittle with age
- Choose a worsted weight or lighter yarn (especially for preemies), bulky, heavy yarns can make hats that are too warm for tiny babies
- Monday, November 25, 2019
- 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Ogden - Meeting Room
- Ogden Farmers' Library