Tax Filing Assistance
*Please Read Carefully*
The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA) Tax Assistance Program will be at the Central Library on Wednesdays, January 29 - April 15 from 10am-6pm on the 4th floor in the Business Innovation Center. This is a free self-preparation service and the NYS DTF FSA Tax Assistance staff are there to provide help and answer questions in order to guide a person through the online process of filing their 2019 individual income taxes.
What you need to know:
- The NYS DTF FSA Tax Assistance staff do not provide tax advice.
- There are no income limits for 2019, however, schedule C filers are limited to $69,000 and investment income is limited to $3,000.
- Laptops will be provided.
- To make an appointment please call 585-428-8110.
- Walk-ins will be accepted if scheduling permits.
What you need to bring:
- Valid photo ID
- Last year's tax returns - important to determine adjusted gross income.
- Birth dates and social security numbers for you, your spouse and any dependents.
- Income documents - such as Form W-2, Form 1098 and Form 1099
- Healthcare statements (1095-A or 1095-C).
- Information for tax credits.
- Routing and bank account numbers for direct deposit.
You must have an active, valid e-mail address.
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 Show more dates
- 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Central - Business Innovation Center
- Central Library