80th Anniversary Celebration: Instagram Challenge for All Ages
The grand opening of the Penfield Library was held on February 25, 1942 in a tiny house on Liberty Street.
Penfield has certainly grown since then. Whether it is a building of historical significance, the Little League baseball field, or the scenic hiking trails of Channing Philbrick Park, there are many special places we share.
For our Instagram challenge, take up to five pictures of yourself, a friend, or a family member holding a library book in front of a favorite location in Penfield. Post your picture to #penfieldlibrarycelebrates80 anytime during the month of September.
Prizes will be awarded for the following:
- Best photography
- Most interesting location
- Most unique use of book in photo
No registration required for this special month-long event. The Library will have the right to reproduce submitted photos to post or share with community members.
- Friday, September 30, 2022
- All Day Event
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Penfield Public Library
- Adults All Ages Children/Kids Families Teens Tweens
- Adult Program All Ages Childrens' Program Teen Program