Community Based Legal Education: A Workshop Series In-Person
Session 1. Know Your Rights: Applying for a Job with an Arrest and Conviction Record
Arrest and conviction records create barriers and unexpected challenges for people looking for employment. That’s why it’s important to know your rights so you’re not unfairly discriminated against. Attendees will learn:
- What types of conviction records NYS keeps and how to can access them
- What employers can legally ask about and see regarding convictions
- What kind of help/legal relief may be available and how to apply, such as record sealing and certificates of rehabilitation
- How and when to request a conviction record for personal review
- How to obtain professional assistance to correct errors
Presented by the Center for Community Alternatives, Judicial Process Commission, Legal Assistance of Western NY, and Monroe County Library System Outreach Department.
Registration encouraged, but walk-ins welcome. For more information, call 585-428-8313.
- Thursday, December 1, 2022
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Central - Kate Gleason Auditorium
- Central Library