Community Based Legal Education: A Workshop Series In-Person
Session 4. Sealing Conviction Records
Did you know that after 10 years, some conviction records can be sealed in NYS and that most employers are NOT allowed to ask about or consider any records that have been sealed? Attendees will learn:
- What convictions are eligible for sealing under NYS law
- Who can see a conviction after it has been sealed
- Whether or not your conviction record may be eligible for sealing
People with eligible convictions will receive information that will help them to complete a pro-se sealing application on their own. Attendees presenting with complex conviction issues will be referred for attorney representation, where possible.
Presented by the Center for Community Alternatives, Judicial Process Commission, Legal Assistance of Western NY, and Monroe County Library System Outreach Department.
Registration encouraged, but walk-ins welcome. For more information, call 585-428-8313.
- Thursday, March 2, 2023
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Central - Kate Gleason Auditorium
- Central Library